How to Do Netgear Extender Setup?
If you are looking to know how to do Netgear extender setup, this page covers each and every detail for you. Netgear WiFi extender setup can be done using various methods. Below we are going to explain all the methods one by one. So, you can use the Netgear extender setup method that best matches your needs. Here we go:
Steps to Do Netgear Extender Setup Using Manual Method
For manually setting up a Netgear router, there are certain things you need to have beforehand. Therefore, let's first make you aware of the prerequisites of doing Netgear extender setup:
- A High-speed Internet Connection
- An Already Configured Router
- An Ethernet Cable
- A Working Power Outlet
- Default IP/Web Address of Extender
- Default Username and Password of Extender
- And, Of Course, Your Extender
Once you have access to all the requirements, you can proceed with the Netgear extender setup process.
- First and foremost, attach the given antennas of your extender in a proper manner.
- Now, connect it to your already configured router, either wirelessly or using an Ethernet cable.
Quick Tip: It is suggested that you connect your WiFi devices using an Ethernet cable to avoid any issues while doing the Netgear extender setup using the manual method.
- Once done, open a web browser on your computer. Although any web browser can be used to access the Netgear extender login page, we suggest you use the one that is updated to the latest software version.
- Enter the default IP/web address into the URL bar of your browser and press the Enter key.
- You will be taken to the Netgear extender login page.
Note: If you get a failure message while trying to access the Netgear extender login page, check if you have access to Netgear_ext SSID.
- Enter your default username and password to the given fields and select Log In.
- As soon as you complete the step, you will find yourself on the Dashboard of your Netgear extender.
- Thereafter, navigate to Settings > Administration.
- Certain prompts will reveal on your system's screen. Follow all the notifications in the same order to complete the Netgear extender setup process using the manual method.
Here completes the step-by-step guide on how to manually set up Netgear WiFi range extender. Just in case you feel stuck at any step, get in touch with our technical experts for quick and reliable assistance.
How to Do Netgear WiFi Extender Setup Via WPS Method?
Bear in mind that the Netgear WiFi extender setup can be done using the WPS method only if your extender and router both supports WPS setup. Below are the steps to perform Netgear extender setup using the WPS method:
- Plug in your extender to a power source.
- Turn on the power button and let the LED lights on it start glowing green.
- Now, locate the WPS button on your extender and press it.
- After a gap of few seconds, press the WPS button on your router.
Note: Before you hit the WPS button on your router, make sure it is configured already.
There you are! This is how you can do Netgear extender setup using the WPS method.
Netgear Extender Setup via Nighthawk App
Another method that can help you make your Netgear extender up and running is using the Nighthawk app. For this, however, you first need to download the Nighthawk app on your device. FYI, the Netgear app is available on both Google Play Store and Apple App Store. Thus, you can get the app from the store that is compatible with the OS of your device. Let's now understand how to do Netgear extender using the app.
- Once you are all done with installing the app on your smartphone, launch it.
- You will be requested to enter your Netgear extender login details.
- So, enter the same into their respective fields and tap Log In.
Quick Tip: Netgear extender login details are case-sensitive. So, make sure you enter them correctly as per their case.
- After the completion of the Netgear extender login process, you will find yourself on the interface of your extender.
- Now, tap Settings.
- Certain notifications will reveal on your device's screen.
- Follow all of them to complete the Netgear extender setup process using the Nighthawk app.
Unable to Find Netgear_ext SSID?
Unable to Find Netgear_ext SSID is the most reported issue by Netgear extender users. If you are also unable to find the Netgear_ext SSID of your device, then it would become difficult for you to complete the Netgear extender setup process. To get you the solution for the same, below we have listed various troubleshooting steps. So, without any further delay, check the steps below and know how to find Netgear_ext (SSID) without any hassle.
1. Reboot Your Device
A small technical glitch in your device can create issues when it comes to connecting it to the Netgear_ext SSID. Thus, it is recommended to reboot your device and see if you can detect the network name of your extender, i.e Netgear_ext (SSID).
2. Disable Ad-blocking and Firewall Apps
Availability of ad-blocking software and firewall apps on your device could be another reason why you cannot find the Netgear_ext SSID. To rid yourself of the issue, temporarily disable such apps on your device. Once done, check the WiFi settings of your device and see if you can detect the Netgear_ext (SSID) of your extender or not.
3. Make Sure the SSID Broadcast is Enabled
Another reason why you can't find the network name of your extender is because the functionality is not enabled on your device. To confirm the same,
- Access the Netgear extender login page and navigate to extender's WiFi Settings.
- Locate the 'Broadcast this Network Name (SSID)' option and make sure it is checked.
- Also, you need to verify if the option is enabled for both 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands.
- If not, then check them and hit Save.
- Completing the step will enable SSID broadcast.
- Once done, go to the WiFi settings of your device and see if Netgear_ext SSID is showing in the list of network names.
4. Update Firmware
You may also get into the mess of Netgear_ext (SSID) not showing issue if the firmware version of your extender is outdated. So, to get the issue fixed, update the firmware of your device to the latest version right away. For this, simply access the Netgear extender login page and check for the Firmware Update option. Following the on-screen instructions, you will be able to update your device with the new firmware version.
5. Reset Your Extender
Perhaps your Netgear extender is not configured in a proper manner which is why you are not able to detect the Netgear_ext (SSID) of your extender in the network list. For fixing this, simply reset your extender to the default settings. As soon as you complete the extender reset process, consider doing the Netgear extender setup once again using the steps given earlier.
These all are the points that will help you get rid of the Netgear_ext (SSID) not showing issue. If even after following the steps above, you cannot see the SSID of your Netgear, feel free to contact our technical experts for quick help.
No matter whether you need assistance regarding Netgear WiFi extender setup or locating the Netgear_ext (SSID), we're on our toes to help you.