How to Fix Mywifiext Not Working After a Power Outage?
Is your Netgear extender not working after power outage? Can't you access mywifiext login page? Well, let's guide you on how to get the mywifiext not working issue fixed!
Power outages are unanticipated. People may face a various kind of problems because of sudden power interruption. If there is a power outage in your area, then apparently everything that works on power will work no more. Unfortunately, these power cuts sometimes can also trouble your internet connection, resulting in unstable or no internet. At times, your extender may also stop working, which can stop you from accessing the mywifiext login page.
If the same situation is what you are up to, here we have come up with a troubleshooting guide to help you fix mywifiext.net not working issue. Let's take the plunge.
- Make sure your extender is turned on and all the LEDs on it are showing green.
- Check if the Ethernet cable you used to connect router and extender is working properly.
- Ensure that your extender is rightly placed and is in the range of your WiFi router.
- Confirm whether the web browser you are using to access mywifiext is running the latest software version.
- Have you entered the default web address in the address bar of the web browser? If so, is it correct?
Once you are done with checking all the points, try accessing mywifiext login page. This time it might work for you. If still, the same issue is what you can see on your device's screen, then try the following.
Mywifiext Not Working? Here's The Solution
- Reboot your extender : This can be the easiest solution to fix WiFi connectivity issues. Simply unplug your extender and plugin it back to its power outlet after giving it rest for a few seconds.
- Change the location : Other WiFi-enabled device placed near your extender can also be one of the reasons behind mywifiext not working. So, try changing the location of your extender and see if it works for you.
- Reset your Netgear Extender : Resetting your extender to the default factory settings will set your device to the settings when you grab it out from its box. However, to start enjoying internet, you need to again set up your extender in a proper manner. Let's make you familiar with both the processes. First, how to reset your Netgear extender and then how to do mywifiext setup. Let's get started.
Steps to Reset Netgear Extender
To fix the Netgear mywifiext not working issue after power outage, here's how to reset your Netgear extender. All you need to do is.
- Check if your extender is plugged into a power outlet.
- Now locate the Reset button on your extender.
- Get access to a pin-like device and insert the device in the Reset hole.
- Press and then release the Reset button.
That's it! Following the steps above you would be able to Reset your extender to the default factory settings.
Moving on, let's now make you familiar with the Netgear extender reconfiguration process.
How to Configure a Netgear Extender
- Plug in your extender to a power outlet and make sure your WiFi device is getting adequate power supply.
- Once done, connect your Netgear WiFi range extender to your current router using an Ethernet cable.
- Now get hold of your PC/mobile and launch a web browser on it.
You can choose between Chrome, Safari, Internet Explorer, Edge, and Mozilla. But, make sure the internet browser you are thinking to use for the configuration process of your Netgear extender is updated to the latest software version.
- After unveiling a web browser, enter the mywifiext.net in the web address bar.
- You can either use mywifiext.net or mywifiext.com as a default web address.
- After entering the default web address, hit the Enter key.
- As soon as you follow the above steps, the Netgear extender login window will appear on the screen of your device.
- Now, you need to enter the default credentials of your extender.
- Hit 'Log In' after entering the login details and you will land on the Netgear Genie Smart Setup wizard – the web interface of your Netgear extender.
- You are now all set to tweak various settings of your Netgear extender the way you want.
This is how you can reconfigure your Netgear extender.
Even after reconfiguration if your extender is making trouble for you, then you are advised to get in touch with expert professionals for immediate help.
: To make your extender work smooth, we suggest you to periodically update the firmware of your extender whenever available. Doing so will not only save your extender from potential issues but also help in fixing bugs (If any!). Updating the firmware of your extender to the latest version can also bring various improvements to your device.
Here's to hope that this piece of writing will give you nudge on how to fix mywifiext not working issue after power outage. Just in case, you can't make the most of your WiFi device, feel free to contact our experts.